AWJ – Live blogging – some guidesPosted: February 11, 2011
There's quite a lot of information online about how to live blog. Most of it seems to date from a couple of years ago, which is when it really took off as a journalistic form, I think. And a lot of the guides tend to focus most on the kit you need and how to take care of the practical details of the job. They don't talk about the different things journalists can do with the live blogging form… Perhaps that's because people are still experimenting with it.
Here's a few links you might find useful:
- Hongkiat.com's Complete Guide to Live Blogging
- Giga.om on preparing to live blog an event
- More of the same from Mashable
- Webdesigner Depot on live blogging and using CoverItLive – more on this shortly
- ReadWriteWeb reviews CoverItLive, the simplest live blogging tool
Here's a few links that focus a bit more on what journalists do when they live blog:
- Beth Kanter on the art of live blogging
- Project Argo on 'why I love live blogging'
- Project Argo, again, this time with '12 tips for using CoverItLive'